Welcome on my Dahab page!
I will be available in Dahab from 22nd of January till 10th of February and
from end of April till beginning of June..
Contact me through email or cell-phone/Whatsapp if you want to secure your spot now!
email@example.com – +32 479 279403 – local number 010 06 56 90 47 (only available when I am in Dahab)
Although my main focus is on helping freedivers, all other people are very welcome to my treatments.
I adapt the way I work according to your question/problem and to your physical fitness.
Physiotherapy with massage – bodywork – yoga – coaching for freedivers
As a freediver and yoga-teacher I comprehend what it is you and your body need as a freediver. Next to the different physical complaints that can arise during training (sprained or sore muscles/joints – overuse injuries – neck/back pains) I can help you to prepare for your most optimal performance.
I have a deep understanding of bodily mechanics and use insights from the most recent anatomical research on fascia and connective tissue. Whatever the problem you encounter, we look into it together and I use all of my experience, knowledge and skills to help you move on. I use several techniques in a unique combination with hands-on bodywork, massage, yoga and mental coaching.
These are some of the topics we can work on:
- release of tension in neck and shoulders
- opening the flexibility of the shoulders and the rib cage
- deep stretching and opening of rib cage, intercostals, pleural linings,…
- opening of the so called myofascial deep front line to release tensions in the body at the deepest level
- releasing the diaphragm to optimize its flexibility
- abdominal/visceral massage to release the diaphragm
- deep muscle massage to evacuate lactic acid
- pranayama and yoga techniques to enhance your longvolumes (TLC, FRC …)
Who am I?
My name is Bart Denys, born in Bruges-Belgium. I am physiotherapist working with people for more than two decades. I developed my own style which combines insights from different approaches such as manual therapy, the Feldenkrais method, acupuncture, shiatsu, chi nei tsang, craniosacral therapy and yoga therapy. I see myself as a kind of body-whisperer: finding which impulse you and your body need to excel.